During summers, there is the highest pest activity. Furthermore, your family is likely to spend a lot more time outside this summer, raising the possibility of facing more pests problems. So, let’s look at which are the most common and irritating pests found in summers.
Bed Bugs are minor and can multiply quickly. Due to psychological, social, and economic consequences, bed bugs seem to be the worst pests of all. Bedbug infections have become more common in urban areas due to modern living that includes increasing travel. In terms of a bedbug infestation, London, Ontario, has also seen the same problem.
Bed bugs are blood-feeding insects that bite the face, neck, body, and arms. Although bed bugs are not known to carry diseases, they can leave little red teeth marks lasting 3 – 4 days.
How to get rid of Bed Bugs?
- Ensure that spaces, where bed bugs live are kept clean.
- Opting for secondhand furniture is not a good idea. In case if you buy, make sure it is thoroughly cleaned and inspected before taking it home.
- Clean clothing should be stored in fiber bags, preferably away from the walls.
- If you’re staying in some hotel or resort or visiting, make sure the furniture and mattress don’t have bugs, feces, or bloodstains.
Ants are of many types; It can be challenging to get rid of ants once they have taken up residence in your home in the spring. Unless they’re carpenter ants, they usually don’t live inside your house and instead come in from the outdoors to create their nests. Ants can dig deep into the ground and develop intricate underground tunnels. There are many different ant species. Sugar ants, for example, are a nuisance since they spend their time seeking sugars within your home but are unable to bite. Some species like crazy ants have even triggered blackouts in certain areas, and Fire ants can be a significant nuisance since their bites are quite irritating.
How to get rid of Ants?
- If you have an ant infestation, the first thing you should do is clean your house as you are always on the lookout for food; your kitchen must be clean.
- Clean up as you go or have food, and don’t leave any food lying open.
- You are attracting ants by overflowing bins; try to empty them immediately and get a sealable dumpster.
When it comes to Bees, you don’t need to worry much. Even while buzzing around, they are not that harmful but can be detrimental to their nest. A hornet, wasp, or yellow jacket, on the other hand, is different from the bee. Despite their similar appearances, these insects are pretty aggressive. Their stings can also cause severe allergic reactions, some of which need medical treatment. Wasps have the potential to harm the wood in your homes and offices, causing you complications and could result in a need for repairs sooner or later and more damage and harm to people. Keep bees and wasps away from your home to prevent damaging its value.
Why Choose a professional Pest Control?
MVO Pest Control is located in London, Ontario. We are happy to provide reliable pest control services to commercial enterprises and homeowners in London, Ontario. Our tried-and-true treatment procedures are designed to eliminate pests such as ants, bed bugs, bees, wasps, and more. MVO experts have all had extensive training and have in-depth knowledge of the most common summer pests in London, Ontario. If you require pest control services or guidance, please contact us to book an appointment with a professional.